johanpatricksy

Details: 5stars
Provoking: 5stars
Worldly Relevance: 4stars
Suspense: 4stars
Conclusion: 5stars
Emotion: 5stars

Therefore
What can I say in this book is WOW. I can’t get over with this book! It made me cry. I can’t remember when was the last time I cried over a book. Probably I can line this up with The Fault In Our Stars (5stars) and A Walk to Remember (5stars). At first, I don’t know if I’m going to give this book a try. But here I go, I’m so thankful I got to read this novel. My friends in Goodreads rated it almost 5stars and it seems they really enjoyed reading this book.

12:07 – A monster in a form of a yew tree always appears in front of Conor’s window. It always haunts him after his nightmare. At first, Conor didn’t think the monster is real. However, the pile of leaves and berries were proof that the monster was real. I don’t know if I’m going to consider this as YA or children genre but who cares, I love the story. I know its cliché when it comes to bullying, dying character in the story but I love it. Probably, the bullying part can be omitted, I don’t understand the role of the two bullies but I like Harry. Bullying part is just a piece of scene in the book. Maybe this made Conor tougher than before.

Three tales were told by the monster. Three meaningful stories. I won’t spoil the three tales but I really love it. How these stories can reflect Conor’s life. Acceptance is the key to set you free. This will make you happy, accept the fact that nothing lasts forever so let’s live it up while we are still living. We are faced with different problems but we must conquer it. Fight! So we can see the bright sun after the rain. Be brave.

Sometimes people need to lie to themselves most of all.

There is not always a good guy. Nor is there always a bad one. Most people are somewhere in between.

I cannot relate to Conor’s situation but I can feel his burden. We face difficulties, and this book will let us understand the real meaning of love. Love not in terms of opposite sex but rather in family. I cried a lot to tell you honestly. I shed tears while reading this novel. I’ll always remember Conor and his braveness.

I love this line. I keep reminding myself this line:

Stories don’t always have happy ending.

Patrick Ness you made my heart melt for Conor.